Financial close milestone for Inverurie Community Campus.
Posted on April 20, 2018
A £55 million finance deal for a state-of-the-art community campus in Inverurie has been agreed as the project moves to the next phase.
Construction of this state of the art facility will replace the existing Inverurie Academy and will be led by hub North Scotland after it was appointed as development partner by Aberdeenshire Council. Robertson Construction has been appointed as the projects Main Contractor with FES FM as the facilities FM Service provider.
On completion, the new Community Campus will provide:
- Replacement of the existing Inverurie Academy, Inverurie Swimming Pool and Garioch Community Centre on the existing site which will provide state of the art teaching accommodation for 1600 learners;
- New accommodation for the existing St Andrews Special School with dedicated external teaching space;
- Community accommodation including a 6 lane swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, trainnig pool, dry sports facilities, community cafe, and access to shared Campus spaces;
- External facilities including an all-weather pitch, MUGA and external play area;
- Car and bus parking together with demolition of existing facilites.
Preparatory work has already commenced on site, with full construction works now set to follow the first phase of the new facility is due to be completed early 2020.